2014年9月21日日曜日

Review of the 18th Day

Time flies.

Since my English level, especially speaking, is not enough for the life at SOM, I feel the necessity to develop it immediately. I consulted with some people about my situation and received some pieces of advice-

  1. Read a short article I am interested in and find at least 5 words I like whether or not I know. Then, associate the words with similar words and phrases. Lastly, use them in the daily conversation or in the writing.
  2. Do the shadowing of presentations such as TED and the radios such as national public radio and Bloomberg radio.Explain their contents in English succinctly.
  3. Collect words and vocabularies based on some topics such as people, hobbies and food etc... so that those words can be applied to the daily life.
I will follow them. So as a first step, I watched the following video from TED, "Avi Reichental: What’s next in 3D printing"

To sum up, the presentation is about how 3D printer will change the future and why, with some examples in a space industry, a fashion industry and so on. He argues that it will enable us to produce personalized products like artificial legs perfectly fit to the users or to cook creative but substantial foods, because the 3D printer can create anything without any limitations in complexity. He said that this characteristics will allow us, particularly young generations, to develop various types of manufactures with creative minds.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

You might also like: